Kate, owner of 4Paws Dog Training is a proud member of the above organisation.
The Pet Professional Guild promotes force free dog training and all members adhere to various conditions when running classes and conducting one to one training.
For more information, please visit www.ppgbi.com.
NEXT PUPPY/ADULT FOUNDATION COURSES: Sunday 23 June 2019, 7-8.15pm
An essential course for new dogs and puppies, plus owners! Positive and modern techniques only.
It is fun for both the handlers and the dogs offering a great social learning environment. Take a look at our Facebook Feed to the right.
Contact Kate at 4Paws Dog Training so she can recommend the most suitable way to learn.
Code of Ethics & Accreditation
Kate is an fully accredited trainer with the IMDT (The Institute of Modern Dog Training).
Part of this membership requires the following of the below code of ethics:
- To train dogs and behave professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, Public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through Re-Assessment, self-study, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final after appeals process.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT and Associated Bodies.
Find Out More
map showing my insertion in the imdt website map.
Why 4 Paws?
Whether you are a new dog owner or just need a bit of guidance to help with a specific issue, 4Paws dog training can help.
It can be daunting not knowing what to do when you have a dog showing some unwanted or worrying behaviour. I provide consultations to fully discuss your situation and then we work together to introduce manageable training.
I am a member of the IMDT (institute of modern dog training) and have attended numerous courses over the past few years.
I am passionate and dedicated about providing the best advice and all training is reinforcement based with no ‘forced’ techniques.
4Paws Dog Training highly recommends this harness!
4Paws advises owners, new and old to use a harness instead of a collar for walks. This prevents damage to your dog’s neck and vocal cords.
The Perfect Fit Harness is great for training loose lead walking with the use of a double ended lead. More info: www.dog-games.co.uk
4Paws stocks the most common sizes (20mm) and provides a fitting and advisory service.
Looking for a fun, challenging or educational workshops?
4Paws Dog Training will be running some fantastic events covering:
Dog First Aid
Health & Safety
Children & Dogs
Stay on track with news about these courses on the Facebook page
You may prefer specific help with an issue(s) at home or when out on walks, so 1:1 focused training is also available.
4Paws Dog Training offers 1:1 Consultations and Training sessions in your home or other locations, dependant upon type of training required.
Prices are dependant upon your location and depth of training required. Consultations covers completion of a form, notes, full discussions on issues at hand and plan of actions with a start on introducing new techniques and routines. You will also be emailed some notes from the sessions.